Monday 30 January 2012

Year 2, Week 3

 
Evening Pistons! Hope you’ve had a fun filled weekend and that the week has started kindly for you. 2 days left in work for me and then I’m off for 11 days. I have to cope with the pain of 28 days holiday and 9 Lieu Days this year, I don’t like to complain though.


This Friday sees the start of the Super League season and I can’t wait. The off season is such a long and lonely time. Friday nights turn dull and we have to actually talk to each other in the pub! There’s nothing to talk about so we end up discussing politics, current affairs and the scruffs on The Jeremy Kyle show (He’s on the list this year!). Basically, it’s rubbish. Although the season opener isn’t what you would consider to be a classic encounter, it’s a game all the same and I fancy it being pretty even. Widnes will be wanting to start well before the rest of the league hits their straps after a few rounds and it’s being billed as a new dawn at Wakefield so it could be interesting.

So anyway, onto the reason we are all here…my musical recommendation of the week. Today’s video comes from The Subways, from their album ‘Money and Celebrity’ which was released last September. They are touring the UK in May and will inevitably do the festivals as they tend to do. Whilst I’m talking music, if you buy tickets with the sole intention of selling them at a profit then I am not your biggest fan, and I’m being very polite there. It’s ridiculous seeing the numbers of tickets on Seatwave and eBay for gigs that have only just gone on sale. If you can’t go at the last minute, then fine, that’s cool. Anything else, you are a cock, plain and simple! Ed Sheeran tickets (£21 face value) are selling for £57 on Seatwave at this very moment…it’s a joke. I feel a lengthy blog post on this subject coming on in the future. Anyway, enough ranting, here are The Subways.



Hope you enjoyed that. Ok, down to business. This week has been weird. People who know me will tell you that I never crave sweet things. Well this week, I’ve wanted nothing but chocolate. I gave in a little on my day off and had a KitKat Chunky! I’m such a hedonist aren’t I? Other than that I’ve been a machine this week. Ate very well an I’ve destroyed the gym too! Last year I topped out in about May/June and stopped pushing myself. Well I’ve already kicked on from that and I’m training harder than ever. For the first time I can see why Purple Aki (Wikipedia him!) likes touching muscles. I feel a bit awesome at the min. So how have I done?


Year 2 Start                 = 23st 12lbs
Last week                    = 23st 8lbs
Week 2                        = 23st 3lbs
Total loss                     = 9lbs

5lb loss! Delighted! I won’t lie, last week I was a bit down at only losing 1lb when I felt I deserved more, so this makes up for it. Started to notice clothes looking daft again on me too now which is good. I wanted to buy new clothes but everything fashionable seems to be gay cowboy fancy dress clothes. I might get Mooro to take me shopping, and for a hair cut, and my nails done :)

I’ll be back on Thursday with a poker update, so see you then.

No comments:

Post a Comment