Wednesday 11 January 2012

Year 2, Day 1


Long time no see listeners! As you may note I have changed my blog address and theme and other such delights. New start, well, restart and all that. Anyway, hope you are all well and it’s nice to see you here again to follow me on my meanderings through 2012 and life in general.


I know how bitterly disappointed some of you were about my blog stopping towards the middle of last year, so disappointed I received not one email, letter or text asking me about it. Well between work getting hectic, some pretty big events in my life and discovering the delights of an iPhone I didn’t make as much time for the blog as I possibly could have. But I’m back now, I’ll explain my reasons behind it in a little while, but for the minute, lets enjoy a musical interlude courtesy of the good people at Scroobius Pip



Enjoy that? Good! That comes from my top album of 2011, Distraction Pieces. He’s on a mini tour in Feb, you should catch him. You should buy me a beer if you see me there too.

Ok, onto business. When I decided I wanted to lose weight last year I tipped the scales at an impressive 27st 13lb. Through some hard work at the gym and cutting down on the crap I managed to get to 22st 13lbs in the summer last year. Good effort that. But then it stopped. I got back on the drink, back on the eating crap and back on the snacking between meals, although my general pie intake has reduced dramatically. I think I weighed myself twice between September and the end of the year. I was still going to the gym, but not progressing or pushing myself and it led to a weight gain, naturally. The gym has got me out of trouble a bit with the weight and I have only put on 1st on from my lightest. This surprised me somewhat when I weighed myself yesterday as I had properly hammered it in December but still…

So this blog will track my progress, in my weight loss challenge and also in a few other challenges that I’ve set myself for 2012 that I will unveil in due course. It will also feature some music and film reviews, sports pieces and the occasional rant. Once again, thanks for reading. Feel free to subscribe to updates or follow me on twitter @TheEngine2 if you want some daily interaction or just to find out when this has been updated.

No comments:

Post a Comment