Monday 16 January 2012

Week One Done!



Welcome back Engine Fans! I need to come up with a name for you guys. Gaga has her Monsters, Jessie J has her Heartbeats (I know, what the fuck?) so I think I should have something too! Any suggestions?

It’s been a good week all in all. I normally allow myself a day off but that’s not really happened but I found myself craving last night. Having access to Maoam Strips, Drumstick lollies and cola bottles is not a good thing when I’m in that mood. I eventually gave in to my urges but I didn’t go too crazy. I also had a bag of crisps when I got in after work but I’ll take that as a bullet semi dodged. I’ll be making sure I have a proper day off this week as I need to reward myself for the work and need to give myself a reason to stop when I do start to crave something nice and bad for me.


I managed 3 trips to the gym, although I forgot my gym stuff on Tuesday but luckily had a pair of swimming shorts in my bag so just did about 30 minutes in the pool. I was happy at what I was able to achieve in the gym considering it had been about 4 weeks between treadmill sessions. However it does make me think that I was coasting towards the back end of last year. To be honest, I didn’t really continue to push myself after the summer last year and became content in my routine. I’ll certainly be looking to push myself a bit more this year as I know it will help me out.

So how have I done?



Year 2 start                = 23st 12lbs
Year 2, Week 1         = 23st 9lbs

3lb loss is a solid start and I’m more than happy with that. I’m patting myself on the back.

In other news, I’ve started to use an app on my iPhone called MyFitnessPal. I’m using it more as a food diary than anything as that’s one of the tools I’ve decided to use this time round to keep me focused, but it’s a handy little free app and I’d recommend anyone to give it a go.

I’m also reading a book called 59 Seconds by Prof. Richard Wiseman. If you are looking to make a few positive changes in your life I would definitely give it a read. It certainly gives a contrarian view to a few other books on this subject matter and I’m enjoying it so far. Give it a go.

Till next time, I'm going to stick Dance Commander on by Electric Six and throw some shapes out!

No comments:

Post a Comment